Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Does VIP make the game more enjoyable?

     A question I was curious about when I first joined was "Does VIP make the MSP experience more enjoyable" I asked my baby sister and goddaughter and they both said "duh" but can really trust the opinion of a couple of seven year olds? (the answer is; usually. They may be young and although they may not be able to have a deep political conversation with you, their opinions are still valid)

     I wanted to test it myself. I'll start by saying I played for seven-eights months before I bought vip. I got to level 17/18 in those few months (I can't remember specifics, unfortunately) At first I bought a week with an old itunes card I found, then I bought a month more with an itunes cards I redeemed from a site I talked about in an old post. I got on everyday that I had VIP and played like I usually would. I pet room farmed, I played the quiz, I sat in chat room to creep on peoples conversations. For the most part, having VIP doesn't make a big difference to that game. The biggest difference was how I thought about the game. Being able to buy what ever you want and having zero restrictions at all on the site (besides the usual safe chat...which I will talk about in a later blog) can make you feel like your more important. It makes you feel like you have more power then others (aka people who aren't vip)

     This can be a dangerous feeling. I'm an older person so I don't think it was something that was noticeable to other people, but if I was a few years younger it could have turned me into a tirent. I think its something we see all the time. People put themselves in a place of power, others let them. They create whole teams just to push this one person higher and higher on the high score list and they hate on people who don't want to do the same.  They get into a disagreement with someone and suddenly that other persons guestbook is filled with death threats. They think they are a real life celebrity and that others should worship the ground they walk on. And so and so forth. I could go on for hours but I think you all understand what I'm talking about.

     A thing I notice people (and people with VIP usually more often) complaining about it begging. Personally I didn't notice an increase in the amount of begging, it was just a different kind. I got people asking me to buy them VIP and to give them greets when I usually just got the "buy me all my stuff off my wish list" or "gifts for mail time" type.

     All in all I would say, having VIP can make the game easier. If its more enjoyable or not is all up to your personality! If you spend a lot of time on MSP, and its like a form on social media to you, I would totally recommend trying out VIP. Just, try not to let it go to your head :D




-----------------------------
p.s. I'm not saying teams are bad or that its bad to help someone level up. Its just it can create a power trip in people, we see it all the time. Having a group of people that will attack anyone who doesn't kiss your butt can be a huge ego booster, can give you an inflated or false sense of self. It can cause you to think you matter more then everyone else, which obviously isn't the case.

Teams can also be a good thing. Having a place where you can hang out and talk to like minded people can make you feel more at peace. It can be nice to declare yourself a part of a team and suddenly you have a big group of "friends" you didn't have before.

But, if you've been a member of msp for any amount of times you know teams are more likely to turn into the former then the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment