Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Messages


I'm really thankful for everyone on Instagram who messaged me after my emotion post last night. 
There's one thing you need to understand though. I will try and get to everyone's message eventually but I do have other things to do. I'm not someone who is attached at the hip to their phone. It unlikely that I will ever respond to you within an hour of you messaging me. If you need to talk to someone urgently there are a ton of resources online, and other people on MSP/Instagram/anywhere who are available 24/7. If you get angry with me about not responding you are only guaranteeing that I will not be reading your message. 
I want to try and help if I can, but you guys are not my number one priority. 
I have work, I have my own mental and physical health. My friends and family's mental and physical health. I'm not a therapist. I'm not a professional when its comes to mental health in any way shape or form. I see a therapist, so I can try and tell you things they have told me...but thats as much as I can give on that front. So while i'm thankful that you feel safe enough to message me, you need to do so knowing that it will take a while for me to get back at you. Also know, even if I have read your message, it may take a while for me to get back at you while I try and think of the right thing to say. You need to be delicate when talking about mental health and that's difficult to do when it comes to written language. I want to make sure you understand what i'm saying and don't misinterpret my words. Because I know how much it hurts when you spill your heart out and someone comes back to you with (what you read as) a snarky response. 
Thank you for those of you that understand that. I hope this didn't push you away from talking to me :] Even if you are someone who doesn't suffer from anything you can still try and chat with me, feel free to messages me complaining about the weather or how your mom is just such a jerk who like doesn't understand you at all (aka pretty much every message I posted on Myspace back in 2008) 

No comments:

Post a Comment